Opens: Monday, February 25, 2019
Closes: Friday, March 8, 2019 @ 5 p.m.
Hourly Wage: $41.87 – $44.07
The Senior Accountant is responsible for Account Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Budgets and forecasting, internal control maintenance, tax reporting, and cost analysis. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for overseeing Trico’s capital credit program.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine if costs are being accurately accounted for and allocated to work orders and expense accounts appropriately for warehouse, fleet, operations and design.
- Study and collect data and work with Plant Accountant and Design to update the standard cost on assembly units associated with work orders.
- Oversee, reconcile and prepare financial reports, including consolidated and unconsolidated financial statements for Trico’s taxable subsidiary, Avion LLC, ensuring that the subsidiary financials are accurate and comply with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Work with outside tax accountants to prepare the tax returns for Trico Electric Cooperative, Avion Solar, LLC, Trico Charitable Trust and Trico Foundation.
- Analyze and prepare budget to actual results for capital and expense budgets and report results to management.
- Reconcile accounting records and accounting balances to help ensure the accuracy of Trico’s financial statements.
- Oversee the compliance with Trico’s internal Controls, making recommendations as necessary. Perform internal audits of all internal controls.
- Oversee Trico’s risk management program adhering with Trico’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee capital credit retirement and allocation process; manages member responses and ensures accurate allocation according to Board policy.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Cooperation & Teamwork
- Customer/Member Focus
- Safety Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Understanding
- Critical Thinking
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field with a minimum of three years of relevant accounting experience, or ten years of comparable experience in lieu of education requirement.
- Previous experience with standard accounting software.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Prior experience in plant accounting with a utility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is performed in a professional office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and copiers/scanners. This position is sedentary, but will require the ability to move about the office to access files and/or equipment. Must be able to carry and lift up to 15 pounds.
Statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) assigned to the job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. The employee(s) may be required to perform other duties as assigned.