WASHINGTON YOUTH TOUR
WASHINGTON YOUTH TOUR
Each summer the Trico Foundation sends local high school juniors on a trip to Washington, D.C., where more than 1,800 students from electric cooperatives across the country come together to visit our nation’s capital.
Students spend the week visiting monuments and memorials, exploring museums, and touring the U.S. Capitol Building. Students meet with staffers and members of Congress to discuss relevant topics that affect them and their local communities.
Applications for the 2024 Washington Youth Tour are closed. Deadline to apply was November 1, 2023. The following guidelines and eligibility requirements applied:
- High school juniors who are the dependent child of a Trico Electric Cooperative Member are eligible to apply.
- The name on the application must be the name of the student applying.
- There are two parts to the application. Once students complete the general information section of the application, they must click Submit Application and then go back to the Dashboard to complete the Washington Youth Tour application.
- The deadline to apply was November 1, 2023.
- Students must submit a short video, so please allow plenty of time to complete this follow-up work.
- Please use an email that you check regularly as email is the easiest way for us to contact students.
- The Washington Youth Tour takes place in June.
- Applications and videos will be judged by a committee made up of community leaders.
“I had the most amazing experience in Washington, D.C. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I would urge all my friends to apply for this trip. I got much more out of this trip than I had to put in and being able to go to D.C. and experience everything I did has definitely made me a better person. I met the most amazing people and I have a deeper respect, gratitude and understanding of our country, leaders and cooperatives. I am forever grateful to Trico for sponsoring this trip and allowing me to go.”
– Hailey Thompson, Student
FUNDED BY MEMBERS THROUGH MEMBERSHIP EQUITY
The Washington Youth Tour is supported by the Trico Foundation, a non-profit organization that is funded by Trico Members’ and past Members’ unclaimed or donated Membership Equity retirements.