THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE INSTALLING SOLAR
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE INSTALLING SOLAR PANELS
Before signing any agreement, you should take the time to read the fine print thoroughly, get the responses back in writing and ask questions. Some questions you may want to ask:
- How much will this system cost over the life of the lease or purchase? Are there any interest or fees to be paid? What are total number of payments and due dates?
- Who has the tax obligations, including the increase in property values?
- Are there any eligible tax incentives and rebates? Who will be getting them?
- Can the warranty or maintenance obligations be sold or transferred to? If so, how?
- Who do I contact in the event of a system malfunction?
- What happens if I sell my home? What happens to the lease?
- What statistics are you using for the projection of future electric rates?
- What is the minimum performance guarantee for the system?
- Will I be compensated if the system does not produce as much power as promised?
- What are my fixed monthly fees to the utility?
Before agreeing to install a PV system at your home, you should review all of the requirements of Arizona Revised Statutes Sections 44-1761 through 44-1764. Trico requires all solar Interconnection Applications received on or after January 1, 2016 to be compliant with all requirements set forth in Arizona Revised Statutes Sections 44-1761 through 44-1764.