Tis the Season to Be Merry & Save Energy
December 9, 2022
Decking the halls doesn’t have to take a toll on your energy bill or put your home at risk.
Here are some easy ways to save energy this holiday season:
- Use an automatic timer to manage energy used by outdoor holiday lighting and other electric décor.
- Did you know LED holiday lights use about 80% less energy than incandescent string lights? Make the switch to LED holiday lights. LEDs are energy efficient, brighter and cool to the touch.
- Even if the weather isn’t all that frightful, the fire truly is delightful! Remember to close the damper when you’re done using the fireplace.
- Countertop appliances use less energy than larger appliances, so use them when you’re preparing a smaller feast.
- Turn down the thermostat before guests arrive for holiday parties. Heat from your kitchen and a house full of people will keep your home warm.
- Smart plugs reduce standby energy use and can be automated to create a more efficient home for the holidays! Set up timers for your Christmas tree, winter villages and decorative lighting this season and start saving.
OUR LATEST NEWS