Beware of Scams
February 22, 2023
We’re always looking out for our Members. That’s why we want to you be aware of scams that Members have told us about.
Some Members have received calls threatening to disconnect your power if they don’t pay their bill within a short window of time (30 mins, 1 hour, etc.). Recognizing the signs of a scam can help you avoid falling victim to one. Scammers pressure you to act immediately. Scammers tell you to pay in a specific way. We may email or text you about our programs and services, but we will never ask for personal information via email or text. If you are unsure about a call claiming to be from Trico, call us directly at (520) 744-2944.
We have also received increased reports of door-to-door solar sales scams from our Members. Reminder: Trico does NOT do solar sales or hire any other companies to sell on our behalf.
Tips to watch for:
- Be suspicious of unmarked vehicles
- Ask for identification
- Get the business card or company name
- Use caution when providing access to your home
- Use caution before providing any personal information, including banking info.
- Contact Trico for verification or to report a potential scam