Trico offers Net Metering to its members who submitted an Interconnection Application on or before February 24, 2017, and have a qualifying Net Metering Facility. A Net Metering Facility means a facility for the production of electricity that:
- Is operated by or on a member’s behalf and is located on the member’s premises;
- Is intended to provide part of or all of the member’s requirements for electricity;
- Uses renewable resources;
- Has a generating capacity of less than or equal to 125% of the member’s total connected load, or in the absence of load data, capacity less than or equal to the electric service drop capacity; and
- Is interconnected with and can operate in parallel with Trico’s existing distribution system.
For members taking part under Trico’s Net Metering Tariff, the excess energy generated by or on behalf of a member’s system and distributed back onto Trico’s grid can be used to offset the energy (kWh) provided by Trico during the applicable billing period. On an annual basis, Trico will issue the member a check or billing credit for the balance of any energy (kWh) generated in excess of the amount consumed by the member from Trico. The payment for any remaining credits shall be at Trico’s annual average net avoided cost.
For Residential Members who submit rooftop solar applications after February 24, 2017, solar generated in excess of the Member’s own needs will be purchased by Trico at the rate of 7.7 cents per kWh, pursuant to Trico’s DG Energy Export Tariff, rather than netted or credited at the full retail rate.
For more information regarding Trico’s Net Metering Tariff and Trico’s DG Energy Export Tariff, please visit www.trico.coop.