Safety & Outages
Outages caused by lightning strikes
Despite Trico's use of lightning-protection devices, lightning strikes our equipment often, particularly in areas with few trees. Lightning strikes can cause an immediate outage or damage that may cause an outage later. Lightning storms strike most frequently during our summer months.
Trico continually looks for ways to upgrade our equipment and increase service reliability. However there will be times that the power goes off.
What to Do If the Electricity Goes Off
- Check the fuses or circuit breaker.
- Make repairs if needed.
- If the power is still off, check your neighborhood to determine if the problem is isolated to your home or if the electricity is off in your area.
- Call Trico to report the individual or area outage.
How to Report an Outage
Power outages, trouble calls or emergencies may be reported to Trico at (520) 744-2944, 24 hours a day. After the office closes at 4:30 p.m., a recorded message will give you several options. Choosing option '2' will connect you with our night dispatcher.
Life-sustaining Medical Equipment
- Some Trico members use life-sustaining medical equipment. This equipment is so vital that an interruption of electricity could pose an immediate threat to life. Please make sure cooperative personnel are aware of this so we may place this information in our computer and on our maps.
- Since Trico cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, the member is responsible for acquiring a backup power supply (batteries, generator, etc) for the medical equipment.
- Remember: Don't hook up a generator or other power source to your service unless you have the correct equipment or a transfer switch installed by an electrician and inspected by Trico. Generators without power switches will allow power to flow out the lines where it can be a deadly hazard for line maintenance crews.
For underground cable dig-ins, or if you need to locate and mark underground line, call the BLUE STAKE CENTER. Their toll free number is 1-800-782-5348. This service is free. Be safe.Always call before digging.
- Job Openings
- Residential Customers
- Commercial Customers
- Low-cost Trees for Your Home
- Renewable Energy Programs
- About Trico
- Trico in the Community
- Trico TV
- Wi-POWER High-Speed Internet
- Co-op Connections Card
- Trico's Rates
- Trico Service Area Map